Lina's costume was a long long process, but it's the one cosplay I've been dying to do since I was 16. The spaulders, or pauldrons, took me over 6 months to complete; mostly because I had no idea how I would mount them.
I took much care in choosing my materials and spent lots of money buying the best! I used a nice black suiting material for the cape, the perefect rust colored micro suede for the pants and cape lining, a black suede for the gloves, light blue t-shirt material for the shirt, leather for the belts, and linen for the skirt/shirt wrap. I used red and green nail polish to cast the resin gems, sintra and foam for the bracelets, wood for the sword, and EVA foam for the shoulder armor.
I slightly altered a cape pattern, I tore a pair of pants apart to use it as a pattern for mine, used a vogue pattern for the gloves, and used one of my shirts to mock up Lina's.
Uuuuh, the wig! I'm not a stylist...but I wanted to be able to say that I made as much as I could with this cosplay, so I decided to attempt styling. It didn't turn out like I had hoped, but it also did't turn out terribly.
One day I'll write more about the process of making the shoulder armor, but not yet. I do have WIP shots in my Facebook album.
I'm thinking of remaking the gloves; I really want the fur to be long, and I need to fix my shoulder armor. It got a little banged up in Cali. Also, I'd love to revisit the mount system....once I figure out a better way.
Photography by Robert Minh Le; location is Yosemite Park.